So here I am, staring at a blank page, just willing the words to come out. Problem is, my brain doesn’t want to work that way. I can just hear the little monster cackling, enjoying my irritation. I really do hate it when the writer’s block monster wants to come out and play. It makes me want to just bang my head on my desk while I’m waiting for inspiration to strike.
So, what’s a girl to do? I figured I’d just start writing anyway LOL. Even if it turns out to be just ramblings, it usually helps me to get back on track. I’ve gotta get my thoughts out somehow. So, I’ll share some here and then move on to my actual journal.
So, how did I get myself into this writer’s block dilemma?
Well, mistake #1 was not pre-planning my posts. I should know by now that planning is key, or maybe even a little pre-writing. Sure, I have plenty of ideas for posts, I just wasn’t feeling it today I guess. That little writer’s block monster didn’t want to be tucked away in my closet today. What a brat.
Mistake #2 was that I didn’t follow my routine this morning. I did do my yoga and walked my dog, but I didn’t roll myself out of bed until almost 10 A.M. this morning. Shame on me. Shouldn’t I be taking my own advice? I’m pretty sure I had something to say about how you can have a productive day by creating a routine. Yeaaaa…. I’m pretty sure I did. 😉
Might as well fill you in on some of my random thoughts for today!
I guess my writer’s block isn’t ALL bad.
- I’m pretty sure I want to write horror novels. I used to think I was more drawn to fantasy, but recently I’ve been really into horror. Should I finish what I’m writing now first though? Or put it on the back burner? I guess we will see.
- My boyfriend makes good tacos. Why have I been the one making them all this time?
- I’m hoping this hurricane in Texas fizzles out soon. I saw a pic of a gas station jacking up prices for gas and water in the crisis. Disgusting. But, I’m glad there are more good people out there wanting to help. If only people were more like that without the crisis.
- I’m sincerely glad I’m an introvert.
- Social media and the news are both driving me nuts. There is so much hatred in the world right now. It makes me not want to watch the news or get on social media because I know I’m going to see something hateful.
Alright, since I’ve somewhat eased the writer’s block monster, I’m going to go brainstorm on what to write now. I hope you enjoyed my ramblings and if you made it this far, then good for you! You’re awesome! But we knew that already.