Happy New Year! Okay, so I’m a few days late in posting this. I had originally planned to do it on the 1st, but with launching 5 Days To Fearless, I’ve been more focused on that. But it’s better late than never and it’s given me a few extra days to really think about everything that happened in 2017 that I wanted to talk about. Surprisingly, there was quite a bit of pretty great stuff that came from the year with only a few bad things. So, let’s dive in to our 2017 recap and 2018 plans.
Early 2017 Recap
2017 was definitely a big year for me. I started the year working as a branch manager for a large bank. I was working constantly, even on my “days off.” I would literally go to work, open to close, then come home scarf down some dinner and lay on the couch. By 10 PM I was asleep guaranteed. It was super stressful and I don’t think I’ve ever been more burned out in my life.
By March, the last straw had broken and I decided it was time to throw in the towel. I was nice and gave my notice rather than just quitting right there. I took the leap and made the moved to Seattle with my boyfriend and dog. It was time for me to try out the self-employed life.
I expected things to start going well for me right out of the gate. I thought I had done all the research that I needed and it would be pretty smooth sailing. Oh boy, was I wrong. First off, like I mentioned before, I was incredibly burned out. It took me months before I got any motivation to really start working at it. Secondly, there was so much that I didn’t know. I didn’t have a mentor and had pretty much no idea what the heck I was doing. The struggle was intense, but I persevered.
What I accomplished in 2017:
- Took a big risk and moved to Seattle without a job
- Started actively working on my blog
- Focused on personal development
- Educated myself on marketing, social media, blogging, monetization options, a little bit of coding, etc.
- Made my first affiliate sale ($8 through FabFitFun)
- Grew my email list from 0 to about 60
- Got clear on the focus of my blog and niched down
- Built a Facebook community for introverted entrepreneurs
- Started planning out my content, social media, goals, etc.
- Started actively focusing on building relationships with my readers and other bloggers
- So much more…
Goals I didn’t meet in 2017:
Well, a lot of them LOL. But I’ll just include the biggest ones.
- I did not reach any of my income goals. Originally, I had planned to have replaced my income by December and instead only made about $100 from my blog through affiliate marketing.
- I did not reach my email subscriber goal.
- I did not launch my coaching business. Honestly, fear and lack of planning held me back from this one.
- I did not lose the extra pounds I’ve been carrying around for a while. I was just lazy LOL.
Plans for 2018:
I’ve got a lot of big ideas for 2018, and am so excited to get going!
- Launch my first course
- I’ve already launched 5 Days To Fearless which is starting off as a FREE challenge. Based on feedback, tweaks will be made and it will go to a paid course.
- Post a minimum of twice a week on the blog
- This is something I started to slack on in December due to creating the course content. To avoid getting overwhelmed, I will be creating and scheduling posts in advance so I don’t fall behind again.
- Grow the Introverted Entrepreneurs Tribe
- Both in members as well as content/benefits
- I plan on having monthly themes to provide content around through live videos, resources, challenges, etc. This will be on top of the existing daily threads.
- Publish a book
- This has been a goal of mine for many years, but I am going to make it happen in 2018. I am going to make it happen in 2018.Click To Tweet
- I’m thinking of publishing a book on my experience with introversion and how it’s impacted my life and actions. PLUS, I’ve always planned on writing fiction, so I might get the gumption to pump out two books LOL.
- Launch coaching program
- I was really confident about doing this, but am still trying to get clear on it.
- Launch a podcast or Youtube channel
- This is just an idea I’m toying with but is on the back burner. I want to get everything else in place before I add this on as well.
- Income goal: Steady $5000 per month by mid-year
- I’m toying with the idea of doing income reports… we shall see
- This will be done through courses, affiliate marketing, sponsorships, etc.
I’m pretty sure I’m missing some stuff, but that’s all I can think of at the moment. I want to give a huge shout out to you for sticking with me in 2017 while I got my act together. Your support means the world to me. If there is anything that you’re wanting more of in 2018, let me know!